(Isstories Editorial):- Oneonta, Jul 19, 2018 (Issuewire.com) – The information age is upon us. You want to improve your mental functions your attention, mood, memory, intelligence, motivation and concentration. You may need to pass important exams, negotiate an important deal, or improve your failing memory. Our world is increasingly competitive, skills based and socially interactive. One of the keys to success is our ability to enhance and leverage the technological and pharmacological advances we have made. Moreover, our memories, in many ways, define us as individuals. Many nootropics or smart drugs are now available to enhance cognitive ability. The shelves of health-food stores are lined with pills that offer to improve everything from your IQ score to your memory. But which ones provide the key to a new level of performance and which ones are just snake oil.
What are Nootropics?
Nootropic can be defined as a supplement that is taken for its effects in the brain. Nootropics are compounds that act in the central nervous system to affect the supply of neurochemicals to the brain. In 1964, Dr. Corneliu Giurgea synthesized Piracetam. Given its remarkable pharmacology he coined the term nootropic in 1972. The term is derived from the Greek noos for mind, and tropein, meaning towards.
More on Isstories:
- Investors Need To Know Trends About Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (PDM) and EQT Corporation (EQT)
- Summary of Price Movements: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCAU) and CIT Group Inc. (CIT)
- Review of Price Trends: GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) stock price concludes at $37.65 with move of 0.78%
- Take a look at Price Fluctuations: NCR Corporation (NCR) stock price ends at $34.60 with performance of 2.76% on volume of 993798 shares
- Rominas Musical Mixes Are Surrounding The Listeners With A Magical Atmosphere
Dr Giurgea came up with a set of six criteria of to define a nootropic. To be classified as a nootropic it should:
- Improve learning and memory
- Improve the resistance of memories
- Protect the brain against disease
- Enhance the tonic cortical/subcortical control mechanisms
- Possess very few side effects and extremely low toxicity.
There are lots of different types of nootropics, including racetams, vitamins, dopaminergics, stimulants and GABA blockers, and many more. Research has proven their effectiveness in improving cognitive function in healthy adults.
Nootropics and modern medicine Doctors prescribe nootropics to help treat patients suffering from a variety of different conditions and diseases. Numerous studies have demonstrated their effectiveness in the treatment of neurological diseases.
- The Benefits of Nootropics
- Increased productivity
- Better quality of sleep
- Improved mood
- Faster memory recall
- Protects the brain from disease
- Reduced stress
Eddie Morra was an unproductive, unmotivated, stressed writer whose seemingly pointless and unhappy life was going nowhere. However, moments after swallowing the designer drug NZT-48, his life radically changed. Suddenly, he was able to learn faster, solve complex problems and recall endless memories and details. Or, as Eddie put it, I was blind; now I see. I wasnt high, wasnt wired; just clear. I knew what I needed to do, and how to do it. Of course, Eddie Morra is a fictional character, played by Bradley Cooper in the 2011 thriller Limitless.
Are Nootropics Addictive?
There is some truth to this, depending on what you define as addictive. Nootropics are generally very mild and you are likely to not feel any withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking them. Caffeine does cause mild physical dependence, but not to the extent of other addictive drugs.
RealNootropics.com is an online portal for spreading information on nootropics and their effects.
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.