(Isstories Editorial):- Easley, Jul 16, 2018 (Issuewire.com) – Beekeepers from all across South Carolina will gather at the Anderson Civic Center July 19-21, 2018 for their annual summer conference.
Hugh Weathers, SC Commissioner of Agriculture, will present the SC Beekeeper of the Year and SC Jr. Beekeeper of the Year awards on Friday, July 20.
Attendees will have the opportunity to hear from renowned beekeeping experts and learn techniques to help make them a better beekeeper.
More on Isstories:
- Top Trending Stock within Traders Spotlight: Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS) stock price ends at $8.25 with performance of -0.96% on volume of 6894677 shares
- Investors Need to Know Technical Analysis of Ocwen Financial Corporation (OCN) and HCP, Inc. (HCP) ?
- Summary of Price Movements: Etsy, Inc. (ETSY) and Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS)
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) stock price ends at $345.51 with performance of 5.61% on volume of 8264035 shares
- Have a look at Price Moves: Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. (PLAY) stock price concludes at $45.81 with move of 0.24%
- Randy Oliver: Randy owns and operates a small commercial beekeeping enterprise in the foothills of Grass Valley in Northern California. He and his two sons manage about 1000 colonies for migratory pollination, and produce queens, nucs, and honey. He has over 40 years of practical beekeeping experience, plus holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Biological Sciences. Randy researches, analyzes and digests beekeeping information from all over the world.
- Dr. Keith Delaplane: Dr. Delaplane is a professor of Entomology, Walter B. Fellow, and Director of the Georgia Honey Bee Program. Throughout his 27 years at UGA, he has conducted numerous research projects, written countless articles, supervised a number of graduate students, and is author/editor of several books. Dr. Delaplane is also a much sought-after speaker on an array of honey bee topics.
- Dr. Jennifer Tsuruda: Dr. Tsuruda has been the SC Apiculture Specialist since 2014. Her studies in honey bees began in California, where she worked on foraging behavior and genetics. She worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Purdue University. Jennifer maintains Clemson Universitys hives for Extension and Research and serves as past president of the American Association of Professional Apiculturists, former chair of the STEP committee of the Entomological Society of America, and vice chair of the Heartland Apicultural Society.
About South Carolina Beekeepers Association
The South Carolina Beekeepers Association is a private non-profit organization dedicated to education and advocacy ensuring that South Carolina beekeepers have the information and tools they need to meet the challenges of modern beekeeping.
Our mission includes public education as we strive to provide individuals, and public and private organizations with factual and up to date information about the honey bee, beekeeping, and its importance to our food supply.
We have 23 local beekeeping associations in South Carolina with members who are ready willing and able to talk to you about beekeeping in our state and if you ask, might be willing to tell you where you can get good, wholesome local honey.
We love promoting beekeeping. Anyone can be a beekeeper at any skill level and economic level. It is a lot of fun and a great project for families to do together or neighborhood project.
The benefits of keeping bees is that the environment becomes better.
South Carolina Beekeepers Association
President-Elect | 864-898-511 |
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.