(Isstories Editorial):- New York, May 22, 2018 (Issuewire.com) – Anna is an experimental, interdisciplinary biographical and autobiographical one-woman collage written, directed, choreographed, and performed by the New York-based Austrian theater-maker Luisa Muhr. Through the world of the abstract Anna explores elements of the lives of Anna Anastasiadou (later Anna Muhr), a Greek who immigrated from Constantinople, Turkey, to Austria and then died in Greece and Luisa, her great-granddaughter, an Austrian who moved to Canada and finally settled in the United States. It seeks to uncover the intergenerational connection these two related women have by dealing with the themes of ancestry, immigration, language, and identity and combines elements of movement, voice/music, recording, and projection. Muhr describes Anna as “a staged, visual sound exploration in collage form”, a piece that functions like the imagery of ‘visual’ (at times inaudible) music/sound or a painting, all expressed through the form and lens of the theatre.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Luisa Muhr is an Austrian multi- and interdisciplinary performer/theater-maker based in New York who works as an actor, vocalist, movement artist, director, writer, and educator. She is the creator and curator of the first interdisciplinary women artists series in New York, Women Between Arts, which is running at The New School (Mannes School of Music). Luisa is also the artistic director of the performing arts company FENGARI Works and is part of the Yiddish New York faculty. Her performance work varies from classical, experimental/avant-garde, movement-based, Yiddish, puppet, to music theater, performance art, and engagements as a singer. She has worked with artists such as Kenneth Goldsmith, Frank London, Arturo O’Farrill, and John Zorn. She is further honored to have been offered by Meredith Monk to teach Monk’s work. Throughout the last decade, Luisa has created and directed multiple pieces on national and international stages. www.luisamuhr.com
More on Isstories:
- HSTS Now Offering Summer Coding Camps for Minority Female Students
- SMA Telling Trends to Investors through Its Technical Levels of American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (AEO) and Shutterfly, Inc. (SFLY)
- SMA of Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX) and B2Gold Corp. (BTG) can highlight areas of potential support or resistance
- On MondayGenocea Biosciences, Inc. (GNCA) stock price settles at $1.03 with movement of 1.98%
- To Know about Technical Analysis of Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (FPRX) and Matrix Service Company (MTRX) Whether Shares are moving up or down
This Press Release was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.